Sump Pumps Services in Champaign, IL
Sump pumps are designed to keep the room they are located in your home dry in the event of flooding. They are usually located in the lowest part of a household like the basement or crawl space. Ensure they are always working properly, so as to never jeopardize costly damages due to flooding in the future. Call on our experienced and professional team here at Edelman, Inc. when you need proper sump pump installation, repairs, and maintenance.Book Appointment
Installing a sump pump is a sensitive project, that needs to be handled by a trained professional to ensure all parts like the pit, pump, and lines are all installed safely and securely. Our team has the knowledge and experience you want on your side when it comes to installing new sump pumps or replacing existing ones.
Just like other appliances, sump pumps benefit from regular maintenance and upkeep to ensure they are functioning properly. Don’t wait until it’s too late to notice that your sump pump is faulty. Give us a call to schedule routine maintenance.
Doing these tasks once a year ensures the longevity of your home’s sump pump:
- Pour enough water into pit to raise the float or reach the switch, and make sure it empties. If it doesn’t, check that it’s plugged in and that drains aren’t clogged.
- Check power source to ensure it’s operational. Check that your chords are in good condition and not damaged.
- Clean out the pit, and make sure it’s clear of debris.
- Remove the pump entirely from the pit to thoroughly clean it. Flush it with water, and then replace. Make sure it’s level and secure before testing again.
- Ensure drain pipes are cleared and tightly connected.
- Clean the pumps inlet screen
- Make sure the vent hole in pipe is clear.
- Pour water in the pit to test that it empties entirely.
- Check power cords and connection.
Don’t wait until something is going wrong to find out your sump pump needs repairs. This is why testing your sump pump can be so important. If you do run into issues or something is faulty during your testing, you can always give us a call to come out and assist in repairs.
Some tell tale signs that your sump pump is in need of repair are:
- Foul Odors
- Unusual or continuous cycling
- Rising water
- Water that doesn’t drain
Sump Pumps are often a first line of defense in protecting your home from costly damages, Edelman Inc. provides the first line of defense to your sump pumps when things go wrong. Give us a call today to schedule an inspection.
Edelman Inc. understands that keeping your home safe and comfortable can quickly become expensive. With approved credit, our customers can get the products and services they need, while paying over time. The experts at Edelman work with Wells Fargo to help find the best financing options for you.